Lights from Salem

Musings and thoughts of a traveler and armchair linguist on his journey through the ups and downs of life.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Ugh Venting

Dear Constant Readers,

The transition to adulthood can be from time to time stressful and scary. I would say "is" but it's not always like that.

But right now I certainly feel beaten down. It really seems like it's hard to get ahead in life sometimes. I just figured out to a comfortable level what it means to be an adolescent, and already I'm stepping into the adult world, and once again I feel unprepared and very vulnerable. Stressed and anxious, and full of questions. I feel at the moment so scared at somethings I don't have time to enjoy the wonder of it all. I don't know what I want to do with my life. I just got done looking through a book with a couple of pages about archeology and contact information concerning where I can gain experience. I don't know if that's the path I want. I know so little about it. But I know so little about practically everything.

And besides that, besides looking up information for archeology experience, I'm still working on gathering research for two projects, two of my final projects this semester. Once I get rolling, and I have already started with one of them, things tend to move quickly for me. But on top of that, I have to submit my proposals for my final papers for my two majors, and start researching that probably over Christmas Break. Not to mention my Peace Corps application, which is nearing completion, but still hangs over me. I decided to jet the JET program for now. I'll think about going to Japan in a few years, but right now I just didn't feel up to it.

My energy is sapped, and I need this semester to be over. I'm tired, and in mostly good spirits, but feeling overall frazzled. I really want a hug, actually. I just don't feel at rest right now, and I don't know where or who to go to. My God, I've learned so much about myself this year, and surprisingly good things, but there are still obstacles out there that try to trip me up (take that how you will), and sometimes it feels like everyday is a battle.

So this is a short note, but I needed to get this out of me.

Hope all is well,
Tristan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home